– Made necessary changes to ship User builds
– Fixed changelog not loading after SSL certification
– Fixed smartbar media arrows not showing sometimes
– Fixed potential Smartbar FC for buttons custom application
– Fixed Pulse disappearing sometimes after skipping tracks
– Fixed Miracast on all our devices
– Slim Recents fixes
– Expanded Desktop fixes
– Fruity Pebbles fixes/changes (built-in themes)
– Added pinch-in gesture on tasks to Clear All to AOSP recents
– Added prompt for location permission in Gallery2
– Added back the ticker scroll
– Added QS pulldown with one swipe on FP sensor for devices that support it
– Added roaming indicator switch
– Added a one time QS dialog for the theme tile
– Added QS tile titles visibility mod
– Added translations
– Check gerrit/github for a full changelog and/or device specific changes.
– User builds
All our supported devices with the exception of the Nexus 6 (shamu) and HP touchpad (tenderloin) will now ship user builds instead of userdebug.
The main difference between user and userdebug is that userdebug builds are intended for debugging purposes, where user builds included none are better suited for production. For more information, feel free to read this and also this.
This change also removes the SU implementation found in AOSP and will ensure those devices that ship user builds will pass safety net without the use of Magisk or any tricks.
Is worth to mention that some of our users that compile their own personal builds have reported that they were able to pass safety net prior to this change while running userdebug builds and without the use of magisk. While we don’t know exactly how this was achieved, we also found that this was not the case across all our devices.
– Font manager
Our font manager is still being worked on. A lot of progress has been made by Randall Rushing. We hope to have it set and ready for next week but there are no guarantees.
Crowdin will be set up this week and hope to have it ready for more translators to contribute. Keep an eye out for an announcement if you would like to contribute in translating.
Weeklies and official builds are signed with private keys. This means that if you’re on the official build, you can dirty flash this weekly. If you’re on anything other than that and want to use this weekly you MUST perform a full wipe in recovery. If you decide to disregard this and flash this weekly or the official build on top of anything, you will not be able to boot. Have fun looking at a black screen :p
If you run into any issues, please use JIRA to report your issues.
As always, we want to remember where we came from and who got us where we’re at! We wouldn’t be where we’re at without the help and support of all our contributors, past and present! Every developer, designer, translator and supporter, thank you for everything you’ve done for our project!